Abbey chapel

The last extensive reconstruction of the abbey chapel took place in 2012-2013. The emergence of the abbey chapel is placed in the 1st quarter of the 14th century until the mid-14th century. It is mentioned in written sources for the first time in the year 1387. The chapel was built on an octagonal plan with pear-shaped ribs. The first construction modifications took place no later than the 1620s under the abbot Jiří Huber (1616-1623), when the dedication of the chapel to St. Jiří is mentioned in sources (Chronicle of William P. Fiedler) for the first and last time. At that time the elevation of the floor and the breaking through of a new entrance from the hall occurred, because of which part of the wall with the supports was removed. An additional modification was carried out in the 1670s, when the abbey house was expanded and the tracery windows were canceled. The third modification occurred around the mid-18th century in connection with the paintings of the hall and double doors with frame were installed in the chapel. In the second quarter of the 19th century, the chapel served as a lounge and a part of the apartment of the monastery administrator. Minor building modifications also took place in the year 1942. During the most recent restoration the entrance to the so-called Billiard hall was restored.

Basic information

  • duration 10 minutes
  • max. 30 people

Opening hours

Period Days Hours
12. 10.–31. 3. closed
1. 4.–3. 4. Thu–Sat 9.30–15.15
4. 4. Sun 8.45–15.15
5. 4. Mon 8.45–15.15
6. 4. (Tue) closed
7. 4.–30. 4. Tue–Fri 9.45–15.15
7. 4.–30. 4. Sat–Sun 9.30–15.15
1. 5.–30. 5. Tue–Sat 9.30–15.15
1. 5.–30. 5. Sun 8.45–15.15
31. 5. (Mon) closed
1. 6.–30. 6. Tue–Sat 9.30–16.15
1. 6.–30. 6. Sun 8.45–16.15
1. 7.–3. 7. Thu–Sat 9.15–16.15
4. 7. Sun 8.45–16.15
5. 7. Mon 9.15–16.15
6. 7.–10. 7. Tue–Sat 9.15–16.15
11. 7. Sun 8.45–16.15
12. 7. (Mon) closed
13. 7.–31. 8. Tue–Sat 9.15–16.15
13. 7.–31. 8. Sun 8.45–16.15
1. 9.–30. 9. Tue–Sat 9.30–15.15
1. 9.–30. 9. Sun 8.45–15.15
1. 10.–27. 10. Tue–Fri 9.45–15.15
1. 10.–27. 10. Sat 9.30–15.15
1. 10.–27. 10. Sun 8.45–15.15
28. 10. Thu 9.30–15.15
29. 10. Fri 9.45–15.15
30. 10. Sat 9.30–15.15
31. 10. Sun 8.45–15.15
1. 11.–31. 3. closed

Admission

Czech guide tour

  • Full 30 CZK
  • Children 0-6 years free
  • Youth 6-18 years 20 CZK
  • Family (2 full + 1-3 kids up to 15 years) 70 CZK
  • Seniors 65+ 20 CZK
  • ISIC or EYCA Cards 20 CZK
  • ZTP/P Guide free
  • Journalist with press accreditation free
  • Foreign language text free

Foreign-language tour (only with reservation)

  • Full 50 CZK
  • Children 0-6 years free
  • Youth 6-18 years 30 CZK
  • Family (2 full + 1-3 kids up to 15 years) 120 CZK
  • Seniors 65+ 30 CZK
  • ISIC or EYCA Cards 30 CZK
  • ZTP/P Guide free
  • Journalist with press accreditation free

Foreign language tours offered in English and German (only with reservation)

reservation needed for groups only